Follow me here!

Sunday, April 29, 2012

OPI's Guy Meets Gal-veston- Delightfully squishy

Today I have an OPI for you- It is from their Texas collection of what they call "sorbet" finishes- it's really just another word for a jelly finish. I picked up "Guy Meets Gal-veston." This is my first jelly and I have to tell you, I am IN LOVE with these. I want the whole set now!
They are meant to be sheer and look like candy. Guy Meets Gal-veston is bright pink coral with a hint of orange- to me it looks like a strawberry margarita. How fun is that? A great choice for a day at the beach if you're lucky enough to live on the coast like us! All pictures under artificial light since it was so cloudy this afternoon.
It took two coats to achieve opacity, with only a hint of VNL (visible nail line), which I assume is normal for something as sheer as a jelly. At first it went on streaky but the second coat hid any streaks left by the first coat. I saw no bubbling and the wear is pretty good considering I had my hands in hot water scrubbing dishes and bottles. I only got a tiny bit of peeling on my thumb nail. No chips since last night which is great for having done so much with my hands today. There are no pictures of my right hand because I have a nasty cut- my right hand is much sloppier and the cleanup isn't as good. I'm a righty!
I made a dotticure to play up this awesome color. I used Sinful Color's Black On Black for the dots and finished it off with a coat of Gelous to make it even more shiny and jelly-like. I used Sinful Colors as my basecoat. Topped it off with Seche Vite to dry everything quickly.

Sorry about the bad picture quality! I lost the charging cord for my Nikon. Sad day!

Rating:
    Overall: 4/5
    Formula 4/5 (first coat was very sheer and streaky)
    Wear 3/5 (I got some peeling on the thumb nail)
    Personal rating: 5/5
I love this jelly and the color is fab! I will definitely be wearing this again soon!
   
Have a good night everyone!



2 comments:

  1. This is a fantastic color!! Good find! This makes me want to eat some watermelon now! :o) Great first post lady!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This color would be perfect for a watermellon manicure. :-)

    ReplyDelete