Follow me here!

Friday, July 13, 2012

Makeup for pale people- Hahaha!

No, really. I'm pale and wearing too much or the wrong kind of make up makes me look whorish. Just being honest here.  Over time I've found a few ways to be able to wear make up without looking so flooze-tastic. So here ya go! A few people had requested for me to post my makeup routine and I was more than embarassed to do so, but after reading a few of Phyrra's blogs I figured what could it hurt? If you don't know who Phyrra is, go look! http://www.phyrra.net/  I admire how bold she is with her makeup choices. I know that personally, I could never pull that off.

First, here's a picture of my face with no makeup and I'll point out a few problem areas that I try to cover a bit.
You'll probably immediately notice my eczema (bright red dry patches on my face).  I use Lorac ProtecTint in the color "in the buff" to moisturize and provide a little coverage followed by Bare Minerals powder to cover without making me look over-makeup-ed. Is that a word? It is for this purpose. Hahaha.
 
And an after picture: It covers pretty well without looking caked on.

Next, brows.
Mine are somehow thin and all over the place at the same time. I would love to pull off that fierce arch you'll see in the Benefit ads. I can't though. What I CAN do though is tweeze  them within an inch of their life. For this I use Sally Hansen's Raise Some Brows tweezers. I love these things and keep them in my makeup bag for quick fixes.
Another thing I do to make them look a little fuller is to use a good eyebrow powder. I like Body Shop's Brow and Liner Kit. I don't use the liner though, just the brow color. I use the blunt brush and lightly tap it through the natural brow shape to enhance it a bit. It looks more natural than a waxy pencil to me. In this picture my right brow is without any sort of brow powder, left brow is with. See the difference?

Annnnnd blush: I LOVE Body Shop's highlighter and blush combo in petal. For my skin tone it gives me a nice glow without being too bright or dark.  See the bit of shine it gives on the apples of your cheeks? It's perfection.

With flash to show how it reflects light so well.


Lips:  My natural lips are relatively boring. Not a lot of color. To remedy that I have a whole lot of lip glosses hahahaha. 

On the picture below I used Revlon Just Bitten in Crave. I like that it's got a stain and a balm on each end.

 On this picture, it's Maybelinne's Baby Lips in Pink Punch. One of my favorite colors.

On the eyes: For liner, I usually stick with a plum shade that brings out the green in eyes. I don't have a whole lot of green in there so I like purple shades to pull it out. For this, my favorite lately has been a cheapie and a goodie. ELF's Eye Brightening liner in Plum.
And for the eyeshadow I always stick with gold hues. I don't know why. I just do. I think it adds a bit of pop without being too dark.  I either wear Cover Girl's Golden Sunrise or here, I'm wearing L'Oreal High-Intensity Pigment line in Precious. I love how sparkly it is while still being nude (ish).
I have yet to really find a mascara that I really LOVE. They all seem too wet and make my lashes clump together. I don't have a lot of lashes and to make the few that I have clump up, well that's just cruel.  I've been using Benefit's They're Real- I just load up the brush and let it sit out for five minutes to dry out a bit. It still clumps though.


And that's all I do. This literally takes about 10 minutes to do when I'm not taking pictures of it, hahaha.
This is what I end up with:

And now for product shots:

 Oh! To clean up, I LOVE these wipes. They don't leave residue behind.






Finally done! It took blogger nearly 3 hours to upload these pictures and for me to type it all in between uploads.  Tell me your best beauty tips!

4 comments:

  1. LOVE this!!

    p.s. You're so pretty! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahahahaha that's hilarious. I'm glad you think so! I love all things girly. Makeup included. :) I wish I had Phyrra's ability to wear lots of bright colors!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look great! I too, am rather pasty and I tend to have dry skin. On the rare occasions I wear makeup, I like to use Eucerin Advanced Therapy Plus Body Creme for a primer. It's super thick with emollients and it really helps the makeup hold in place while keeping the dry skin from starting to peel. -Mal from Enchanted Nail and Fluffy Dog Tails

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, great idea, Mal! We keep Eucerin on hand all the time so I'll gave to try that soon. Yay for us pastey pale faces! Hahahahaha

      Delete