Follow me here!

Sunday, May 13, 2012

The $1 Nail Challenge!

While I love and adore all of my indy polishes, I am also a mom of three who has to be price-conscious so I came up with the idea of doing manicures that only use polish I found for less than $1. With all of the great sales the drug stores have been having lately, this was NO problem for me. I saw this dot manicure on someone else's page (I can't remember, so if you know leave a comment so I can give them credit!) and have loved it so I had to try it.
For this one I used Wet n' Wild's Spoiled Colors in Correction tape and Checkin' Into Rehab. Then I used Wet n' Wild Megalast in I Need a Refresh-Mint and Tropicalia.
Finally, I used Sinful Colors in Why Not.

Wet n' Wild and Sinful Colors make some of the greatest colors you'll find in a drug store and make great options to use for nail art like this. Formula is good on all of the Wet n' Wild colors but the Sinful Colors Why Not (blue) stains my nails and cuticles pretty badly. It is a really pigmented blue but not even black stains my nails so much. ALWAYS use a basecoat for this one if you plan on buying it. That being said, it is a great color for the price.
Tropicalia, I Need a Refresh-Mint are made by Wet n' Wild under their Megalast brand. The brushes on these are wonderfully thick and pick up enough polish to avoid re-dipping the brush several times.
Correction Tape. Checkin' Into Rehab are made by Wet n' Wild's Spoiled brand and I love them too. Brush structure is the same as the Megalast so that's probably why.

Now it's YOUR turn to show me what you can do with polishes you find for $1 or less. Post the pictures to my facebook page and I'll share them on Mondays. Sound fun? It is!

Happy polishing,
Carrie
www.facebook.com/inkandpolish

Wet n' Wild can be found here: Clicky
Sinful Colors can be found here: Clicky

No comments:

Post a Comment