Follow me here!

Sunday, May 13, 2012

Dandy Nails' Funhouse: it lives up to it's name.

During Dandy Nails last sale I ordered "Funhouse."    I've been hearing great things about Dandy's polishes so I hurried over and when I saw Funhouse I fell in love. I knew I had to have it.
Fast-forward a week and it's finally in my possession. I've never owned a shredded glitter and this one had high reviews- and let me tell you, it does NOT disappoint. It's got teal and magenta shreds with tiny little silver glitter mixed into a clear base. First, a shot where you can see the gorgeous shreds in the bottle.




The picture was painted with my non-dominant left hand so excuse the messiness on that hand. Do you see how it got the name Funhouse now?  This polish is so versatile since it's in a clear base. For the swatches I painted over black base so you could really see the colors but have since painted it over white, teal, and a pretty purple jelly. White is my favorite for summer, btw. I loved this so much I swatched it last so I could wear it for a few days.
A few more shots (all under artificial light because it was getting dark out)

Seriously though, how can you NOT love this?  Funhouse could add fun to so many colors. For all of the photos above I painted one coat over Sinful Colors Black on Black and a coat of Seche Vite. Next time I'll try Gelous so maybe I won't have the problem of glitter sticking up out of the topcoat. 

Dandy Nails is another indy polish brand that should be at the top of your list.

You can find her website here: Clicky
Etsy shop here: Clicky
and Facebook here: Clicky

Overall rating 4/5
Formula- 4/5 (it was a tad gloopy until I added some thinner but as always, thicker is better to me)
Wear- 3/5 (personal preference- there was some glitter that stuck up out of the topcoat and bugged me)
Personal rating- 5/5- because I LOVE everything else about this polish. Colors, style of shredded glitter, etc)



No comments:

Post a Comment