Follow me here!

Sunday, May 27, 2012

NOTD- Memorial Day Patriotic Mani :-)

I was once a military wife (I was 18 and he was a young, strapping Army Ranger)....then Iraq happened and he was the first humvee to cross the Iraqui border. I don't talk much about the rest. People change after war, you know?  Anyways, Memorial Day is special day for us. To celebrate, I painted my nails for the occasion and here's how I did it.

I started off with my usual routine: Essie's all-in-one basecoat and I really like Sinful Color's basecoat on top because it really adheres polish to nails. I only use this when I want to keep a mani for several days.  After those two I used Sally Hansen's Xtreme Wear in Red Carpet on all nails except my ring finger and for my accent nail I used Orly's Royal Navy. Sally Hansen's Red Carpet is a nice sparkly red, but not anything that you haven't seen before. Orly's Royal Navy is a nice deep blue with lots of green sparkle inside.  It is my favorite darker blue.



See how pretty this Orly Royal Navy is? I lurve it.

After the base paint, I took my striping brush and China Glaze's Ray-diant to make glittery silver tips.
Finally on my accent nail I painted a big white star!

Since Ray-diant is such a gritty glitter, I used a coat of gelous over the top to smooth everything else and NYC Grand Central Station over top to dry it.



My husband kept saying it looked like Captain America or Wonder Woman nails. He suggested a yellow stripe over the silver one and called me wonderwomanwannabe. Pssssh. I still love these!

What's your Memorial Day mani?  Send them to my FB page and I'll make an album for all of them :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment